Thursday, July 30, 2009

SEVEN YEAR OLD HOUSEKEEPER?



Yes. I started making the bed every morning according to gram ma's specifications.

"Make sure there is not even one wrinkle, I should be able to bounce a penny off
that bed....you know that so-n-so's, little girl is younger than you and she
makes the bed like that."

Her bed had rolled pillows that made it look fancy.

Her bed was so big it felt like I was climbing up onto a bus. To reach the far corner-side, I had to climb across the center. Still, all the while she made it clear that there were to be no wrinkles.


I followed her instructions on rolling the pillows and placing them, so they appeared to be truly round. That was a tough challenge, but I liked the outcome.


Washing my ribbons and socks after school every weekend was one of my chores. I did it without ceremony, but it was a short lived respite from near boredom.


Before she came home one day, I got through with all my housekeeping, and decided to fill my time with my own desires.

I searched and found a pencil and piece of paper, to draw something. I drew my first person.
It was a stick figure.

Visit my online gallery, now: http://www.artandolls.com/

No comments: