Friday, July 3, 2009

MY FIRST VISIT TO A DENTIST

After my father, sister and brothers left for the day. We were on our own as usual.

My tooth hurt so badly, that I walked two doors to the corner from home, where I asked a stranger for directions to the doctor for my tooth ache. "Mr. can you please tell me where to find a doctor for my tooth?" He replied. "You need a dentist. The closest dentist is about a mile from here. You can go left down this road, and when you get to the corner, make a right and go...."

The sun was so hot, there appeared to be water in a distance on the road.
After double checking the directions with a different stranger, I finally made it to the dentist. There was a thick crowd of people on a long line, when I arrived. After I waited for what seemed like all-day, the doctor looked at my teeth and told me to return in the morning, because the clinic was closing.

The following day I returned to find, another thick, long line. When it was my turn, the dentist sat me up on a big black chair and pulled my tooth. He used no Novocaine. It took a while for him to extract the tightly rooted tooth. Then he sent me home with cotton packed in, where the tooth used to be.

2 comments:

stephen witt said...

You are a gifted writer, and special and beautiful person! Reading every post made me wet my eyes.

rebecca_ann84 said...

no novacane!!!!!!!!!!! O NO!!!!!!!!!! MORE POWER TO YOU!