Saturday, July 4, 2009

NIGHTMARES



My brother and I hated going to sleep during the day, because we enjoyed playing.


But, big sister, Yvonne, always made us take a nap at noon. Right after lunch.





Nap time was essential to keeping order and mellowing us out.


I can remember, one-day when my younger brother, Orien, was shadow boxing. I accidentally walked into his punch as I entered the back door from the dark corridor. My stomach was cramping, as I fell to the floor, doubled over in pain. He was a sturdy boy. Healthy. That was, the first of two times, he received a beating from Yvonne (that I know of). He was lucky.

At six, I watch her wistfully as she did chores. Hoping I would get a chance at that broom. Then one day I got my chance. What a fateful thing. I soon learned why? Explained, when I get to that chapter.

At night we slept in pitch darkness, unless the home had moon-light shining in through the windows. Back then we slept with windows and doors open.

In the middle of the night when it was pitch black, I experienced nightmares that drove me to leave the cot my brother and I *shared. I'd run to join the older siblings on the big bed, in the big front room. Other times, I was too afraid to leave with my body, so I would express from my body and leave the room through *astral or etheric projection. I knew instinctively how to eject when I felt afraid enough. I was innocent, then.

*We slept head and tail-my head by his feet and visa-versa. Otherwise we would not have fit comfortably on the narrow cot.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

No comments: