Monday, July 13, 2009

SCHOOL AND WORK IN AMERICA

I have started my auto-biography; A Jamaican Princess.
I lived in Jamaica until I came to America at age 13. I am 52yrs. old, but I look like I am 29.



I survived a servantile youth. Continued to serve my mother, Brother and sister,

after coming to America. I landed my second baby-sitting job at age 14, in America.



I found my third job, working at The U.S. Trust Co. on Wall Street during my second year of high school. During my third year, I pursued my acting career and went on a few auditions , one was at the Apollo theater, in NYC. I had dreams of becoming a successful actress, and saving myself for marriage. However, I had to move out on my own during my fourth year of high school. I supported myself by caring for a mentally retarded teen aged girl. Somehow I maintained high grades and stayed on the "college-bound" list at Erasmus Hall, H.S.



From 1972 to 1975, I attended The Little Theatre school while I was in high school. During this time I learned Marshal Arts as a means of defending myself from school bullies (details that lead to that-in book). At 23 yrs. old I attended Brooklyn college. During my first year of college, I worked as a portrait artist and stripper in order to pay for my living expenses.



I remember investing my rent money to pay for a spot in the Flatbush indoor-flea-market in B'klyn. It was during this time that I met Steve, and agreed to get married. That was a major mistake, that hurt me badly. I trusted him.



I went from dire poverty as a child to owning my own home. I am a portraitist/Publisher.

No comments: