Monday, July 20, 2009

MY FIRST FAINTING SPELL








My first fainting spell was a good thing because it was a turning point, that lead to my cooking at seven years old.

It was a lazy Sunday morning, when I awoke late to find myself alone at Gram ma's. She had left earlier that morning. Returning at about 10am, to find me unconscious on the floor.

I felt dizzy, my head throbbed.....I was nauseous. I was shivering and tingling with goose-bumps all over my body, as the room whirled around me. The floor started to come up to me faster and faster, until I couldn't stop it from slamming into my face. BANG!!! .....I was gone.

The next thing I knew, I was getting slapped in my fuzzy, tingly face. My entire body felt cold and light, almost as if I were an invisible person disconnected from my physical body.

Gram ma, shouted my name repeatedly "Dorrett... Dorrett!! All the while slapping my tingly face with ice cold water. When I opened my eyes she asked with a relief in her voice "Did you eat anything when you woke up this morning?" I answered weakly, "No mommy." Her response, "You mean to tell me that a big girl like you don't know, to make yourself a little breakfast?" ( I was 7yrs. old) I tried to answer but my parched cracked lips wouldn't part, ...I was speechless.

She scolded, "Well, from now on I want you to start making a little breakfast when you wake up in the mornings."

This blog represents some of the bones of my upcoming book.
Details housekeeping coming up, next!
Please leave feedback. Thanks!

No comments: