Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE 2" POLLY LIZARD?


No!
Yes, me. A scared ten year old, was still afraid of miniature lizard.
I was afraid of all lizards! The Polly lizard looks like a light brown jelly creature.


It was a perfect sunny day when I washed my clothes in a wash-tub under a big shady tree.
All was peaceful until a tiny 2" lizard fell out of the tree and into my wash-tub!


The poor thing wriggled for his life against my hands... I felt this and started screaming!
After what seemed like an eternity was over with, I kept remembering it so vividly that I'd burst into screams repeatedly for quite a few minutes after it happened.


I screamed alone by my favorite "by-myself-wall" where I went to comfort and console myself after a beating. I would repeat these words until I forgot, "it didn't happen, forget it...forget it."


I never bothered to write of these events to my mother when I wrote to her in England. I did not want to upset her in any way at all. I loved writing to my mother though. Pleasant talk.


Please leave a comment after reading A.J.P.

No comments: