Thursday, March 18, 2010

CATHOLIC SCHOOL


I had a chance to be with my younger brother, Orien, again. I missed him.

I was there only a short time before I got myself into trouble, by being gullible or should I just say trusting. But, before we get into the details of my predicament, lets talk about school.



Mommy had arranged for me to attend Catholic school. "Our Lady Of Angels." I did not care for the plain brown uniform but I didn't mind the white shirt. I had the pleasant duty of washing and ironing my uniform and socks, along with my underwear, every weekend.


I loved the habit the Nuns wore. But, I disliked their way of disciplining. More details to come in my book. Although, their discipline was better than the way I was beaten at home. What was I thinking?!


Boarding the city buses every morning for school made me feel important, even though I was always in a rush. Why? I had to make sure the house was immaculate before I left for the day. Granted, it was only a two room flat with two beds and a cot with a few more essential pieces of furniture.



The cleaning woman or wash woman never lasted at daddy's.



I'll tell you more about the cleaning girl drama and my older brother Tony's involvement in the book. Although, I might give you a preview here in this blog. I'm not sure. I have to go to the mall, now, where I do portrait drawings for a living.



But, I somehow always forgot to wash my little blanks. Will tell you late what happened....


No comments: