Monday, September 14, 2009

WISHED I HAD A PLAYMATE


Well, well, well, wishes do come through.
A new neighbor moved into our yard! My wish for a playmate was granted. I am pleased. Betty, was a bit younger than me. She was around 6 yrs.old. I was 7. We had lots of fun, together.

We even played house and school. We played doctor with our dolls. Mine was a blown-up Santa clause. Remember my doll, Baby, was destroyed?

We even experimented, playing out the roles of mommy and daddy. That ended abruptly, due to my own natural response. I felt a shock and jumped! Frightened, we vowed to never do that again.

That afternoon, my paternal gramma, and a couple of the neighbors, got together to loudly discuss what happened to two littler girls who played mommy-daddy games. But, they played with a broom, and wound up in the hospital.

Looking back, I can see that they watched us play and just wanted to scare us.
(see upcoming book for details)

No comments: